From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 19:58:21 -0400

Bill Elkus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My personal view on this is that we American celiacs have ourselves to
> blame for this phenomena.  We support 5 major celiac support groups and
> they include some radically different views on vinegar, alcohol,

There is always the possibility of back blending after distillation to give
the final product some flavor. As far as I know all 5 (is Philadelphia the
5th?) American support groups consider these foodstuffs to be avoided.

>quinoa,
> tef, amaranth ,etc.

I consider it an embarrassment to the worldwide celiac community that our
largest celiac group thinks these grains (along with buckwheat) have
gluten.  They have no evidence to support their position, yet they refuse to
budge.

Don.