From:
Tom Fitzsimmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:43:59 +0100

I am pretty sure I am gluten-intolerant, and the reaction I get is
canker sores on the lips.  I've been careful since realizing the cause
of the sores (this January) to keep away from gluten.  I've been
eating Juvela brand gluten-free breads and biscuits (cookies) and
having no canker sores.

This weekend, I got a new batch of bread and cookies and also
bought a bottle of Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon 1998 California
wine.  Since then, I've had two canker sores on two successive
days.  The only thing I can think of that is different is the wine and
the new batch of foods.

I searched the archives, and the messages that refer to wines all
seem to say that Sutter Home is gluten-free.  However, I am in
Ireland, and this bottle is imported by Sutter Home (Europe) in
London, although the label says the wine is vinted and bottled by
Sutter Home Winery, Inc. Napa County, California.