From:
Elizabeth Kuzma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:25:08 EDT

FOr those of you who subscribe to medscape... there was a statement about
testing asymptomatic children to see if they will develop celiac.  I was
always under the understanding that you were born with celiac, and that
symptoms were present as soon as gluten was introduced.  If they were not
caught at this juncture, my understanding also was that it could then lay
dormant for many years.  Have I been misinformed?

Eliz.