From:
Mary Anne Cripe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Anne Cripe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 05:53:51 -0400

A nurse from my rheumatologist's office is going to Guatemala on a medical mission trip later this month.  She found out from her team leader that there is a Guatemalan with celiac disease that needs  their help.  The team will be working with the celiac through an American missionary there in Guatemala.

The nurse would like to take information on celiac disease to the missionary and also some gluten-free non-perishable food items for the celiac.  I have ordered the patient information packet from GIG, etc., and will also send some web sites that I believe will be helpful for the missionary.

Is there anyone on this listserv from Guatemala or anyone who might know of resources available in that country?   I also could use suggestions on what gluten-free non-perishable items I might send, since I'm not familiar with the diet in that country.  Any  suggestions would be welcomed!

Thank you for your help.

Mary Anne