From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:01:53 -0700

Here are a few of examples of people who have or haven't used their coconuts
to find out how to use electrolyte testing to help themselves:
---------------------
I have a book called watercure, and I fixed my high blood pressure by taking
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt every day, plus drinking ten glasses of purified
water. I did notice too, that since it has been extremely hot, that my BP
had been back up, so started adding more salt to the diet. This book was
written by a Medical Doctor and it certainly helped me out and saved me from
a nasty old drug. I don't think the Doctor believes it of course, but I know
better. : - )  Sue
------------------
One respondant reported to me that when she drinks plain water, it goes
straight through her, but that mineral water actually hydrates & refreshes
her.
----------------
I was listening to Dr. Deal Adell on the radio Sunday.  He talked about
recent research into sports nutrition prompted by several cases of athletes
doing injury to themselves by drinking large quantities of plain water both
during & after during competitive sports.  The sports activity caused loss
of electrolytes, especially sodiium, through perspiration.  Then drinking
plain water caused a dangerous sodium deficiency that caused swelling of the
brain.  Some athletes actually died.  So now the advise to athletes is to
drink water before, but not during exercise & to allow their thirst to
determine how much water they actually need.  [This is more consistent with
Donna's recommendation to allow your taste to guide you!]
I once had a mental patient whose medications caused him dry mouth.  He
developed a fettish for drinking water & over consumed it.  Several times he
ended up in the ER comatose w/ brain edema from "water intoxication."

Valerie in Tacoma