From:
Timia R Conjurske <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Timia R Conjurske <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:11:14 -0500

Hi All,
Thanks so much for your responses.  It seems that most think it's best
not to boost the immune system with anything, but then others use things
for a short time.  The replies are posted below.  For now I guess I'll
drop the Transfer Factor.  Thanks again.

Timia

I have taken immune boosters only under the supervision of a
naturopathic doctor and only for short periods.  He does not recommend
staying on anything to boost an already hyperactive immune system, but
sometimes it needs to be put back on course again.  I'm not sure about
the immune system and early menopause, but I am 29 and starting to
experience changes - however, my mother was only 40 when she menopaused
(not celiac).

NO,NO, NO!!!!  Our immune system is OVER active ..not under.  We don't
need to take
this stuff, in fact we should even stay away from echinacea.  Check the
archives
for further info

I HAVE A
>VERY LOW IMMUNE SYSTEM SO LOW I HAVE TO WEAR A SURGICAL MASK WHEN AROUND
>ANYONE  AND I CAN'T TAKE ANY THING TO BOOST MY IMMUNE SYSTEM

I tried Transfer Factor for a few months. It didn't seem to make any
difference
with me. I would be interested to hear the responses however. If you
could post
them that would be great.

I've taken transfer factors. I'm 38 and am still having that darn
monthly curse. I seriously doubt that would affect you in that way.
Autoimmune diseases affect your hormones and I bet that's the
connection.

Celiac disease is an auto-immune disease. I would think you would want to
suppress your immune system rather than strenghten it. I take immune
system suppressants for arthritis, which is also an auto-immune disease.

My doctor had me take bovine co lustrum for the removal of a parasite.
It
was the only thing that worked!  I have been on several courses of
pharmaceuticals and none of them touched these little buggers.  Also, my
doctor said it has been extremely helpful for AIDs patients who, of
course,
have compromised immune systems.  I believe it helps in the healing of
the
intestinal walls so we absorb more nutrition as well.  I have had a
plethora
of health issues including, multiple food allergies, osteoporosis at 36,
low
thyroid, parasites, Candida, mercury poisoning, low amino acids and the
list
goes on.  I felt so much better on the co lustrum.  Even those of us with
milk allergies can tolerate this product.

I don't know anything about transfer factor, but I do know that celiacs
have
an    OVERACTIVE IMMUNE SYSTEM, so we shouldn't take anything that will
boost
our immune systems.