From:
"Jane S. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jane S. Davis
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:44:10 -0800

  My latest batches of Anna's bread mix in the Zojirushi machine turned out very well, with excellent taste and texture, and I was delighted because I think the mix provides excellent nutrition.  In the "wheat" world, flours vary greatly in the amount of moisture they absorb, and I suspect the same is true of the Montina grass in the mix. Also, remember yeast is a living organism, and breads baked with it often vary from batch to batch.
  My revised recipe is below, and it sounds more complex than it is. It's actually quite easy to make.
  I received 10 e-mails regarding using Breads from Anna mix in the Zojirushi bread machine, ranging from "the bread is phenomenal" to "I have questions too".  Anna Sobaski herself e-mailed and called with very kind and helpful suggestions, including using the setting for 2:08 hours and cutting back on the liquid slightly. Note that her web site has bread machine suggestions, as does the Gluten Free Pantry website.

  INGREDIENTS (measure carefully)
  1 bag Anna's Bread Mix, including 1 pak yeast
  3/4 cups eggs: 3 large eggs or 2 large eggs plus 2 egg whites  (eggs vary in size)
    eggs should be at room temperature
  1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  1/4 cup oil
  1 1/3 cups warm water (about 100 degrees)

  DIRECTIONS
  1. Remove pan from machine and attach kneading blades
  2. Carefully measure eggs and use number needed for 3/4 cup
  3. Combine water, eggs, egg white, vinegar, oil and mix briefly.
  4. Pour liquid mix into pan.
  5. Sprinkle bread mix evenly over wet ingredients.
  6. Make shallow grove down center of mix and sprinkle yeast into grove.
      Make sure yeast doesn't touch liquid.
  7. Put pan back in machine, press down firmly and close lid.
      Plug in.
  8. Select setting: Press "select course" until you see 2:08
      This is the Quick Wheat setting.
  9. Press Start.
  10. About 5 minutes into kneading cycle, open and scrape down sides with rubber
        spatula. (Optional)
  11. During the second rise, open and smooth top (Optional)
  12. Remove pan right away when baking is done. Let sit for 5 minutes and remove
        bread from pan, using rubber spatula.  Cool on rack.

  Happy Baking,
  Jane Davis
  Chicago, IL