From:
"Office of Worship, Diocese of Lansing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 10:34:32 -0500

With Christmas almost here, we should not lack for cookies either. Here are
two that I make and my non-celiac family members love.

Cream Cheese Press Cookies
These are a favorite of mine, we made these by the ton at Christmas when I
was growing up. The conversion to gluten free was easy, and they turn out
great. I make green Christmas trees and wreaths, and sprinkle with red sugar.

1 cup butter or margarine
3 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c.  GF flour **
1/2 c. sweet rice flour
1 tsp. xanthum gum

Cream butter and cream cheese, add sugar and cream well.  Then add vanilla.
Sift together dry ingredients and blend into creamed mixture. Use cookie
press to form on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes at 375. Don't
overbake, as they dry out.

Soft Sugar Cookies (Rolls and cuts great!!!!!!!!!)

2/3 c. shortening
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp. milk
1 1/2 c. GF flour **
1/2 c. sweet rice flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. xanthum gum

Cream first 3 ingredients.  Add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in
milk. Sift together dry ingredients and blend into creamed mixture.  Divide
dough in half and chill 1 hour. Roll (slightly thick) out only lightly rice
floured surface. Bake on
greased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes at 375.

I frost and decorate these, or you can just sprinkle with colored sugar.

** The all purpose GF flour I use is from Betty Hagman - 2 c. rice flour,
2/3 c. potato starch, 1/3 c. tapioca flour.