From:
rick & christie schroeter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:45:24 -0700

For those who are still keeping tabs on whether we are having any
success in getting Atlanta, Georgia gastroenterologist Dr. Cynthia
Rudert on Oprah or one of the newsmagazine shows, I have some good news
to report.  We have a fellow celiac on the list who knows Rich Gannon's
wife personally. They are in the same celiac support group and she talks
with her frequently. Mrs. Gannon asked that Dr. Rudert give her a call
so that they can discuss the possibility of teaming up Rich Gannon with
Dr. Rudert for one of these shows. Sounds very promising! Having a
celebrity celiac spokesperson such as Gannon, and a physician who has
one of the largest celiac practices in the U.S. in front of the general
public would bring so much recognition to our disease. And it would help
many people who are floundering out there, looking for a diagnosis for
all of the mystifying symptoms they have that could be celiac related.

On another note, Dr. Rudert was just interviewed by Betsy Hernick (not
sure of the spelling of her last name) for the Chicago Tribune. This
article on celiac sprue will be coming out sometime in November, and you
will be able to read it online. Dr. Rudert was not sure on what day in
November it would appear. For any of you living in the Chicago area,
please let all of us on the list know about the date if you are able to
contact this writer at the Tribune.

Christie Schroeter in TX