From:
Danna Korn, Raising Our Celiac Kids <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 06:35:10 -0700

Hi, list members:
I recently inquired about the Raspberry Chipotle Sauce made by Fischer
and Wieser Specialty Foods (I found it at Costco).  It's absolutely
delicious, but unfortunately, not GF.  The chipotle peppers used come in
an adobo sauce, which contains wheat flour.  The good news is that this
company makes three other sauces that sound wonderful (haven't tried
yet)...the other nice thing is that the head honcho herself responded
kindly and had obviously done her homework (how nice!).  Her reply below
lists their GF products.  (I have no affiliation with this company.)

Hello Danna,

I am sorry that it has taken me a little while to respond to your
question about the Roasted Rasp. Chipotle sauce. I have received that
question from many people with Celiac Disease and so I know the answer
quite readily though it took a few phone calls to Mexico to find the
answer.  Unfortunately, the chipotle peppers come in a sauce called
Adobo sauce.  Though it is not even listed in the ingredient statement
for the chipotle peppers (hence my call to the manufacturer) this adobo
sauce does contain wheat flour.

We do produce a number of sauces which do not contain any wheat products
and are also very good.  They are: Hot Mango Papaya Grilling sauce,
Papaya Lime Serrano Sauce, and Mango Ginger Habenero Sauce (probably our
second most popular sauce).

If you need a catalog please call our customer service department at
1-800-369-9257 (M-F 8-5 cst.)

Thanks very much for your question, I hope that this information helps
you.

Take care,

Jenny Wieser, Ph.D.

Fischer and Wieser Specialty Foods