From:
ANDY THOMSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:15:11 -0500

My daughter was diagnosed with cd a few years ago, so I finally got
around to having some blood work done on myself.  The results were as
follows:

Gliadin IgA antibody: 5.2 (high  normal range is less than 3.0)
Gliadin IgG antibody: less than 7.0 (normal)
Endomysial IgA antibodies: none detected
Reticulin autoantibodies: none detected

Nothing else was abnormal in the blood work except a slightly low
platelet count (118).

 The question is do these test results indicate that a biopsy would
be advisable, do they indicate some further screeneing, or do they
indicate something else?  My doctor is great, but he isn't
knowledgeable about cd. If anyone has a good handle on how to
interpret thes results, I'd appreciate your views as part of my
preparation before I go back to the good dr. and discuss what's next.

Also, if anyone is enthusiastic about a celiac-knowledgeable
gastroenterologist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital of elsewhere in
Chicago, that would be useful to me, as well.

Thank you so much,

Andy Thomson
[log in to unmask]   or