From:
Phyllis Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phyllis Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:00:14 -0800

I am writing in regard to the people who do not ask to see the manager at
the Outback Steakhouses.  The first thing we learn when we find out we have
celiac disease is, if you go to a restaurant, ask to talk to the manager and
not the waiters or waitresses.  I have had excellent success with all the
Outback Steakhouses I have eaten in - PA, Omaha, Nebraska, and Ohio.  Every
time, I have taken a copy of the gluten free menu with me and talked
personally with the manager.  Some of them are aware of the menu and some
are not.  One of them told me it probably was on his e-mail, but he didn't
have time to read his e-mail!.  True, Outback Steakhouse Corporate
headquarters should be getting these menus out to all their restaurants, but
it is also our responsibility to take care of our bodies.