From:
Helen Kochenderfer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 00:12:54 -0500

No, I'm not talking about the presidential election!!

I've been diagnosed celiac and on "the diet" for 10 weeks.

I'm disheartened by the failure of this diet so far to resolve
my diarrhea.  I could definitely see an improvement for a
while but am discouraged by having days of diarrhea yet
again.    After reading all the material, it seemed my symptoms
were expected to resolve in 2 months.   The few celiacs
I have found have been diagnosed so long they don't
really remember their adjustment phase.    Is it normal
to take a longer  time to get healthy?   I am recognizing
my sensitivities to other foods not directly involved,
like the little gluten-free Snickers bars I ate for several
days after Halloween.

I was diagnosed a couple years ago with microscopic
colitis and my new gastroenterologist that diagnosed me
with celiac said maybe all my problems were related
to celiac,  but I am starting to getting worried that I

have both things.    I would appreciate some reassurance
if your experience applies...

thank you,
Helen