From:
Erin Booth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:11:13 CST

Hi everyone,

Related to the question about flavoured coffees, I read in _The
Gluten-free Gourmet_ that decaf. coffee has gluten.  Can this be
true?!  Et tu decaf?  Is nothing sacred?!  I guess not, as we've
already established on this list many times.  Anyway, excuse my
outrage; here's my question.   Does anyone know of a safe decaf
coffee that's sold in Canada?

Secondly, I switched to decaf about 3 months ago when I found out I
was pregnant.  Remember my question back in September about
amenorrhea?  ...guess that's not a problem anymore, eh?...  Thanks to
everyone on the list for the words of encouragement and
enlightenment.  Here's the question... will this inadvertent gluten
ingestion cause any problems for my baby?  (BTW, everything appears
to be normal so far.)  Are there special precautions I should take
(other than be diligent about keeping GF) for the baby?

Thanks for the info, in advance.

Erin
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada