From:
Linda Sowry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 21:48:28 EST

You know, I have to add that the quickest and best cake I've made recently is
my spice cake.  I use the exact recipe in the red and white checkered Better
Homes and Gardens Cookbook and all I do is substitute Bette Hagman's mixture
and add 1 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum.  It is awesome and easy and makes a great
birthday cake with cream cheese frosting or whatever frosting you want.  I
usually eat it without frosting, but for a birthday cake, you know....you got
to frost it.  :o)
    Enjoy!  :o)
    Linda in Pensacola, Florida