Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:03:13 -0400

Wow!  A lot of responses!  I will try to make this as brief as possible!
 Looks like Jules and Pamela's are the top choices!
Michelle from Michigan

1.garbanzo bean flour is terrible and has a very strong aftertaste
2.Pamelas is awesome!  Makes wonderful pancakes too.
3.Jules Gluten Free flour. It already has the zanthan gum in it so you use
it cup for cup in all your recipes. I use it for breading meat and
everything else. www.julesglutenfree.com
4.GF Pantry All Purpose Flour is good
5. Bette Hagman's Gourmet Featherlight Rice Flour Blend for years and just
add xanthan gum.  It's packaged by Authentic Foods--buy it at a speciality
store.
6.Better Crocker gluten free cookie and brownie mixes which my kids love.
7. Alton Brown's Gluten Free Chewy Choc. Chip found at www.foodnetwork.com.
Even though it calls for different flours, I just keep them in the
fridge.  Pamela's for pancakes
8.Gluten Free Pantry pancake mix and it was the worst thing I've ever tried!
 I used Bette Hagman's mix: 3 cups white rice flour,1 cup potato starch, 1/2
cup tapioca starch
9.meatloaf or salmon loaf, I take gf oatmeal and grind it up a little bit in
the food processor.
10.  Beth's All purpose GF flour
11.Tom Sawyer flour as well as Schar (mix b and c).  Everything that I bake
is shared with non-celiacs, and I've never had anyone complaint. Tom Sawyer
has gelatin already mixed in, so it's an easy replacement, cup for cup.
12. Bette Hagman's Blend from EnerG.  I do order it.
13.Jules brand Nearly Normal flour. I order it off the internet. You use it
cup for cup.
14.mr ritts flour. It works very well cup  for cup
15. Bob's and it seems to have the best results for me.
16.  I use corn starch instead of the GF free flours that health food stores
sell. If you are converting a recipe use two extra tablespoons of corn
starch for each  cup of flour called for.
17. Gluten-free MaMa, www.glutenfreemama.com , she has a almond based flour
which my teenager likes
18. Domata Living Flour.  It is a good substitute for one cup to one cup in
recipes.  (heard good and bad for this one)
19.2 cups  brown rice (authentic foods superfine) 1/3 cups tapioca starch
and 2/3 cups potato starch.
20.Gifts of Nature All Purpose Gluten-Free Blend
21.Authentic Foods GF Classic Blend
http://authenticfoods.com/products/item/43/GF-Classical-Blend
22.Meister's Gluten Free Flour.
23. Bob’s Gluten Free ‘Sweet’ White Sorghum Flour also works well in baked
goods.  I use mostly that, mixed with a small amount of Lara’s Gluten Free
Oat Flour and Ener-G Gluten Free Tapioca Flour
24. 3 parts sweet white rice flour, 2 parts tapioca starch, and for every
cup of this blend, I add 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum. It's not nutritionally
dense, but it does closely resemble flour in cakes, biscuits, and
quickbreads. That and sweet white rice flour and tapioca starch are
inexpensive - I find them at the Asian grocery near me.
25.10 # container
3 1/8 rice flour (1 # bag)
1 c potato starch
1 c. tapioca flour
1/2 sweet rice flour (glutinous rice flour)
26.buttermilk powder and almond meal--- is Pamela's Ultimate Baking Mix.
Delicious for a one-to-one flour sub. Sorghum and millet flours are the best
tasting- and are delicious alternatives to bean and rice flours.
27. Avoid amaranth
28.can just sub cornstarch, cup for cup.
29. Meisters mix.
30.  2-parts all purpose flour from Gifts of Nature
www.giftsofnature.net/Home.asp    and 1-part of Jules All Purpose Flour
www.julesglutenfree.com/.
31. BetterBatter. Also got to
www.GlutenFreeHelp.info<http://www.glutenfreehelp.info/> and
look up the flour mixes offered.
32.Carol Fenster's sorghum flour blend
33. Gluten Free Naturals. <gfnfoods.com>
34.I now add almond meal, ground flax seed, sorghum & sometimes garbanzo to
smaller quantites of my favorite oriental white rice flour.   I've tried
quinoa & millet but they don't appeal to my tastebuds