From:
Jos Klaassen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jos Klaassen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:44:10 -0500

Last year my internist did a HLA test to find out if I could have celiac
disease. By such a HLA test you can find out if celiac disease is in your
genes. My internist told me afterwards that it was impossible that I could
have celiac disease.
But until now I can't eat wheat without getting problems with my health. For
years I have eaten glutenfree. But despite this I have lost a lot of my
weight. Now I have heard that this HLA test is not 100 per cent reliable.
Does someone of you have experience with this HLA test? And does some of you
know if it is right that the test is unriable? I am very grateful with your
answers. Johanna Donia.