From:
Cindy Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 08:03:27 -0600

Seems to me that the information on the bracelet needs to state something like
"CAUTION- intolerant to wheat, oats, rye, and barley. Ingestion causes
severe, life threatening reaction."  That should get their attention.  I've
had the cafeteria in hospitals send me up cream of wheat and white bread on
my tray before even though I've specified no wheat diet on registering.
Maybe things are improving now however with this great list group and
people on it willing to make this dilemma more public.

I've noticed I get more attention to the gluten free request when I put
specific language that elludes to the consequences of gluten contamination.
 Good luck and hope you never have the need for a warning on your body, but
it's a good idea and could protect you just in case.

Cindy in Texas