From:
Steven A Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 21:20:03 -0800

My daughter was recently diagnosed with CD and her doctor recommended
that the family be tested.  My gliadin antibody IgG was 30 and my IgA was
12. The endomysial IgA was normal. I  have never had any of the classic
symptoms of CD but my father died of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.  He was never
diagnosed with CD and I don't believe he exhibited any symptoms either.
Could I have that subclinical gluten intolerance which could increase my
chances of getting cancer?  Is there evidence to support the benefit of a
strict GF diet for someone in my case?  Would I benefit from a very low
gluten diet (occasional hidden gluten during social events)?  Thanks for any
feedback.

Suzanne Weintraub