From:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Linn Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 06:07:57 -0500

Listmates:

Outback Steakhouse's gluten-free menu is located at
http://www.outbacksteakhouse.com/menu/   At the bottom of the page
there is a statement about the gluten-free menu that has been
developed in cooperation with GIG.  "Click" on the statement and you
will have the menu.  It is a PDF file that you can print out and take
it with you.

Suggestion:  If the wait staff does not know about the gf menu, talk
with the manager and tell him/her the gf menu is located on the web
site.  Be positive and help educate individuals.

I think this is the first national chain with a gf "analysis" of the
entire menu on its web site.  I find this more helpful than the lists
of menu items from other restaurants, or sorting thru endless lists
of ingredients.  The menu helps to educate us and others about gf
foods.

Don's recent post noted that he was not going to reject a good faith
effort to accommodate our dietary needs.  This is a major effort and
needs to be recognized as such.  We are all individuals and have
individual requirements and needs related to our gf diet.  Please
look at the big picture and work with this major step in the right
direction, not against it.

Thanks to Outback Steakhouse and GIG for this effort.  Cynthia Kupper
is to be congratulated.  She has provided useful notes throughout the
menu--what to avoid, what to ask for.  An interesting note is that
the brownie is a flourless and no flour is used to dust the pan.

Betsy
Texas

NOTE:  I am going off the Listserv later today and will not return
until Thursday, October 17th.  No replies now.  Thanks.