From:
Lance Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 16:20:24 EST

Hello,

Another update.  I would say we're up to 45 people having MVP by now.

I was recently referred to an article by a list member on Dr. Stoll's
website.  I've read it, but forgot about it.  Dr. Stoll is basically an
alternative med. doctor.  He believes that most "unexplained syndromes" are
caused by stress, leaky gut, and/or candidiasis.  He claims that all MVP
Syndromes are associated with leaky gut and candidiasis.  So it seems there
might be a connection.  As we know, some cases of leaky gut are just
undiagnosed Celiac's and sometimes Celiac's causes leaky gut.  Not all but
some.

Maybe we can say this somewhat safely:  Not all Celiac's will have MVP.  But
many people with MVP (syndrome) might have Celiac's.

I should stress this:  Not everyone who has MVP has problems.  My dad has
MVP, but no symptoms.  It is genetic and the syndrome is usually triggered by
a stressful event or just happens.

Also I want to make a note that almost all cases of fibromyalgia have MVP
(Its like over 90%).  I wonder how related fibromyalgia and Celiac's are.

I think in the light of this and also the article about undiagnosis of
Celiac's in America, it warrants anybody with MVP Syndrome symptoms to get
tested for Celiac's.  I wish I would have known that a year ago (when I was
eating gluten).

Here is the website, if you want to read the article:

http://bcn.net/~stoll/mvp.html

lance