From:
Danna R Feldgoise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

GREAT chips that are gf are by Michael Season's Snacks.  The kind I eat
are unsalted and lightly salted - both 40% less fat than regular chips.
But beware - lightly salted actually means heartily salted!!  Both kinds
contain only potatoes and peanut oil.  The salted variety obviously
contains salt.  I think they are DELICIOUS.

I called the company about 2 months ago.  The telephone number is
630-628-0211.  The address is PO Box 969, Addison, IL 60101-0965.  There
are various other varieties that you may want to try.  Verify with the
company that they gf.  Michael Season's seems quite aware of gluten, as
well as the contamination issue.  They recommended that I try another one
of their products called Shape-Ups whose ingredients do not contain
gluten.  The company indicates that Shape-Ups are wheat free, but that
they're made in an environment where wheat is present.  I never did try
them, but I have seen them in Bread and Circus stores around Boston.

In my personal opinion, the company is worth knowing about and is
trustworthy.  Enjoy!!

Danna