From:
"MARIO W. CAPRIO" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 1995 20:15:03 EDT

Sheila,

You wrote, to the celiac list:

>When I became very ill in 1987 with weight loss, abdominal pain,
>diarrhea and many other symptoms, it took me 5 years, 2 surgeries
>and about a dozen doctors, not to mention thousands of dollars to
>get properly diagnosed.

I'm beginning to wonder if my Crohn's symptoms haven't been imitated by
gluten and other food intolerances.  During those five years, what were the
misdiagnoses and surgeries for?  It is remarkable how ignorant many
physicians are about food, something every one of their patients uses every
day.  I guess if it's over-the-counter, it's presumed to be innocuous.

Cheers,
Mario