From:
KathleenMayo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KathleenMayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:22:34 -0500

Hi All,

I will be attending a convention at the San Diego Convention center, by
Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp Quarter, July 16-22 and will need options for
lunch and dinner.  Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

We are not renting a car, so we are looking for places to eat that are in
easy walking distance.

When I went last year I ate with great success at the Mongolian BarBQ place
in horton plaza, they cleaned the grill for us (2 celiacs will be
travelling) and cooked our food separately with just water on the grill.
I'm hoping they are still there.

I know there is a Ralphs within easy walking distance -- does anyone know of
any Gluten Free snacks I might be able to pick up there?

A friend will have a car for 1 day and has said they can run me to a grocery
store -- can anyone recommend a good place to go, and what kind of gluten
free snacks they know they get there.  (I'm hoping for something I can toss
in my purse and have for emergencies)

When I do road trips I take a bad full of emergency rations, but I'm flying
on this one, and I've had problems taking a bag of food when I fly from my
home airport, so I am trying to avoid that this trip.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help!

kathleen
in TX

Until you walk a mile in another man's shoes... you don't know why he has
blisters.
~Kay Kellam