From:
The Raleigh's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 13:35:59 -0400

In a letter dated July 18, 2000:

...To the best of our knowledge, our New York cheesecake contains no
gluten.  The source of our "food starch modified" is tapioca.  Our
vegetable gums are a mixture that may contain guar gum, locust bean gum,
carageenan, and other gums.

Since the cheesecake is made from a proprietary formula and a patented
process, we cannot release specific information regarding the complete
content of the gums or the natural flavors.

We seek to produce the highest quality products for our customers.  We
hope that the information provided is adequate for you to make a
decision as to whether or not you will include it in your child's diet.
If I can be of further help, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Tim Thomas
Consumer Relations
Carousel Foods of America, Inc.