From:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2007 08:02:09 -0700

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping for some good, researched advice here (ie I do appreciate answers
like "I eat them just fine" but I need more) from people who have called
companies regarding gluten content and cross-contamination.

I am seriously at the end of my rope with breakfast foods.  I have been
eating the EnviroKids cereals as well as frozen waffles for almost ten years
now and I'm sick of it!!  I rejoiced at Glutinos new cereals, PLUS they're
in a GF facility which is the best thing!  But now, after every day for a
year, I need some variety (plus, i"m pregnant and you really crave variety).

When I go to Whole Foods, lots of cereals say GF, but which do you trust to
be truly GF?  I mean, the cleanest as far as cross-contamination and purity
of ingredients?  I see things like RIce Crunch Ems, Corn Flakes, Erewhon
products... stuff like that?

Again, I would appreciate the info people have gotten in the last couple
years from the companies themselves about mfr'ing and ingredients.  If it
weren't Sunday I'd be on the phone, but we're leaving for camping for a week
tomorrow and this pregnant girl needs some help!!

Thanks
Joanna