Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 21:23:40 -0500

My symptoms are:

excessive gas
lactose intolerance
lack of appetite
fuzzy-mindedness
easily fractured bone
diarrhea
loose stool
steatorrhea
irritability
inability to concentrate

I went to the first doctor. It was a mistake to tell "Doctor A" that I
suspected lactose sensitivity.  Later, after a year of lactose paranoia
...little improvement. So I went to another doctor, insisting that I
sensed that there was something else wrong. He turned rude upon my
insistance. "Doctor B" also took out his "Lactose Intolerance" stamp and
firmly inked my forehead.

Then my big toe broke. I was confused as to why it could break so
easily. "Doctor C" also scratched her head. I went for a time after that
as my "problem" got worse. Finally, I told "Doctor C" about my problem.
After a bit of history, she was about to open her desk drawer and pull
out the dreaded "Lactose Intolerance" stamp. I began to panic. I told
her that I was on a LF diet for two years and my condition had not
improved. She was very knowledgeable and gave this serious
consideration. Then I mentioned a characteristic of my stool that could
indicate that I was not digesting my fats adequately (steatorrhea).
And...dig this...she knew about Sprue!! Success!! The rest is history.

I've been on a GF diet since Monday and have not felt this good in
years!

Then I found the celiac mailing list and lived happily ever after.
The End.