From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:14:44 -0500

I developed this recipe when my mother had a stroke with a resulting out of control sweet tooth from the meds.

It is high in Vit A, low in cal but nigh in nutrition.

Try it as a condiment in place of cranberry sauce, and as a sub for jelly on top of peanut butter, cream cheese or just crackers.

Kids love this...and so do adults. Because of the honey, it will keep in frig for months!!

Combine in heavy pan
1 large can pumpkin not
      pumpkin pie
1/2 cup honey
2 teas ground cinnamon
1 teas each allspice,
       nutmeg,ground ginger
1/2 teas cloves
1 cup raisins

wash out can with some water and add to pot.  Place over low heat and bring to boil stirring.  Cook until moisture is gone and it starts to pull away from pan.
Let cool in pan and then store in frig

btw you can use this in place of plain pumpkin in recipes...just cut back on spices