From:
Jean Jasinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 15:18:31 MST

Do all gluten-free breads have the grainy texture of cornbread?
We've tried Gillians French bread, recipes from Bette Hageman in
the bread machine, various recipes from packages of flour, premade
mixes from mail order, Almond-something-or-other bread (store bought),
and I have a loaf of EnerG tapioca bread in the freezer I just bought.

Is this as good as gluten-free bread gets?  We've found lots of acceptable
pastas.....but come up zero with breads.  I suspect the problem is the
rice flour.  Can I use other flours and escape the grittiness?

Jean Jasinski (whose family hates the feeling of sawdust in their
               bread.)