From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 21:37:54 EST

Coyla has gotten the Food Mart ( near the Clinton ferry ) to carry
Buckwheat and also member Gail Torgenson's FABULOUS gluten-free frozen baked
goods. There is a ton of info on the health benefits of buckwheat on the
internet, including its ability to lower blood sugar and cholesterol. Unlike  most
plant foods, it contains a full compliment of amino acids. It is not a
grain and is not related to wheat, but is actually the seed of an herb family,
though it is cooked as a grain. Also, it makes excellent sprouts and sprouts
 quickly in a day or two. If you wish, you can dehydrate the sprouts in 140
 degree oven for storage and a crunchy snack or cereal. Check it out.

We are planing a potluck at Coyla's beach house on Sunday, March 21st, at
5:00. Bring your ideas for upcoming meetings as well as a dish to share.
Coyla  will be preparing a GF, dairy, and egg free soup with GF crackers. We
would like  to focus on appetizers, soups, salads, veggies and main dishes as
our diabetic  members have trouble with desserts loaded with sugar. There
will be time to  share among group members items of interest to you including
products,  restaurants, health care providers, new GF info, and whatever
else members  bring. Please RSVP with Coyla if you can come. 360-321-4083 or
email [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])

Whidbey Island Gluten Intolerance Group