From:
Manfred Bonerath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 11:03:51 EDT

Two respondents thanked me for sharing.

Six respondents advised sedation.

Four respondents were utterly appalled.

One respondent scolded me for scaring everyone.

One respondent said that my experience gave them courage.

        I tried to be as objective as possible in my description. I would
do it
without sedation again in a heart beat. However I do not advise it for the
squeamish or little kids. It really was no big deal. There was no pain just
a little discomfort. Now here is the heartening part: no one has to do it
without sedation! If I had insisted on sedation, I would have been sedated.
There are three options, 1) nothing at all 2) sedation 3) full anaesthetic.
Mine was the worse case scenario. To the one poster: (the biopsy did not
give me a Hiatal hernia I have known that I have one for seven years now). I
am sorry if I caused anyone any grief. I will say one thing, I would
certainly take the biopsy over being sick like a dog and loosing 30 lbs in
two months, any day !