From:
Jane Conrad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 10:07:24 AST

First, thank you all for responding to my question on if Pam was GF
and what brands of lipsticks( I was specifically inquiring about
Revlon) were GF.  Here is what some of you said:
NOTE:  NO ONE IS ENDORSING ANY ONE PARTICULAR BRAND.

One person recently wrote several cosmetic companies.  Revlon was the
only company that sent her a complete list of ingredients, and it
looked fine to her.  Marcelle was also gluten free.  I was able to
check Marcelles list myself at the drug store and it looked okay to
me, but there were  ings. that I wouldn't know if they were derived
from wheat.  I haven't been able to get any phone numbers for any of
the manufacturers, you would think I was trying to get the Colonels
secret spice recipe, geez!!!!  Another person wrote, Revlon was the
brand name mentioned to her at the CSA conventions as containing
gluten.  Another wrote, according to the CSA/USA commercial products
listing, Revlon colorstay lip colors and Ultima II Lipsexxxy Lipcolors
are GF.  Another wrote,  they heard that lipstick and other cosmetics
contain oat flour. She avoids all makeup except Clinique.  And
another, said she uses either clinique or Almay, both are considered
GF.  I switched from Revlon to Marcelle, I'll give that a try.
As for Pam, someone wrote,  it was to their understanding that Pam at
least the plain variety contains gluten.  Another, As of 10/95 the
company said Pam is GF, and another said the alcohol was corn based
so is GF!!!  My decision, stay away from any spray oils. (If in
doubt, leave it out).

I also called my national office of the Canadian Celiac Association,
regarding any information or cosmetic manufacturers phone numbers,
and I'm not going to go into what the rude person (not to mention the
tone of voice she used!!!)   that I was speaking with
told me (which was basically, go find out for yourself!)

I was extremely disturbed that this person was answering
the phone for an association like this.  I don't want to paint the
entire assoc. because of this one person, but I will seriously
consider my membership when it comes due next Jan.!!!!!!  Thank God
for this list!!!!!!  Any fellow Canadians out there that would like
to respond personally, please send replies to:

Halifax, Nova Scotia