Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:08:16 -0500

Hi
I wanted to make an additional comment to the recent post: "Kraft Nutritional
Composition". I spoke with Kraft Canada several months ago regarding what the
starch was in their Miracle Whip dressing. I was informed that it was
cornstarch and so from the list of ingredients seemed suitable for a GF diet. I
also double-checked with the Canadian Celiac Association and they agreed that
Miracle Whip was safe. Several weeks later, I received Kraft's list of
gluten-free products and was dismayed to see that Miracle Whip was not listed
as being GF. I called and was told that quite often they will list a product as
non-GF because it contains cornstarch and that some people are sensitive to it!
I attempted to explain that a cornstarch sensitivity was a different issue and
that should not cause the product to be listed as non-GF. Obviously it will
take more voices to try to change their listings!

Joanne in Ontario