Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

I certainly don't claim to be an expert on diabetes. The distinctions
between  Type 1 and Type 2 start off as insulin dependent/non-insulin
dependent. What they do share is that the blood sugar levels are high.
This can result in if your body stops making insulin, doesn't make
enough insulin, or is resistant to the insulin it makes. 40% of type 2's
wind up on insulin, or medication. It seems to start out in
different/clear distinctions, but over time, can often become difficult
to discern between the two types.(Source: My Internal Medicine
physician/ Web site on Rezulin).

Whatever the beginning diagnosis, the end result can lead to serious
problems in your eyes, kidneys, nerves, gums and teeth, & blood vessels-
it also puts Women at double the risk of heart attack.

As to discussing what name to call it-a noun, or adjective- I have no
interest in that element whatsoever! I'd be happy to get my blood
glucose under control, and live a long & healthy life.

Call it whatever name you like---- (a few choice names come to my mind).
<grin>

Fran/Oregon USA