Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:45:08 -0700

Numerous people have been asking about almond flour so am going to reply to the list and hopefully help someone.

I get my almond flour from Hughson Nut  1-888-484-2126 - This place is called Lucys Kitchen.  She has celiac herself and is quite helpful.  Her web site is www.lucyskitchenshop.com

There is also another co. called Golden West Nuts Inc.  1-800-453-6887

You can buy the flour in quantityies of 5 lb., 10 lb., and 25 lb.  I buy 25 lbs. at a time.  It comes bagged in 5  - 5 lb. bags.  I put one bag in my frig. and the rest in my freezer and take it out as I need it, one bag at a time.  And yes, you should keep it in the frig or freezer depending on how much you buy.  The more you buy, the cheaper per lb.  25 lbs. is $68.75(3.25 lb)   5 lbs. is $20.00(4.00 lb)and I would advise anyone to try 5 lbs. and see how you like it, 5 lbs. goes quite a long way as it is in flour form and very finely ground.

It is expensive, unfortunately.  But remember, this is your health. Prepared food is expensive if you think about it.  This flour makes lovely mufffins, breads, pancakes(delicious) etc. and  I add a cup of almond flour to my bread when I make it in the breadmaker.  Much lighter and more tasty.  Most importantly, I feel better using this flour as your getting protein not starch, its also much more filling.    I do also use rice, tapioca flour etc. for some things.

Hope this has helped.

Janet, Me.