From:
Lynn Robbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:01:51 -0500

Hi group.  A few weeks ago I posted asking for travel info for the
Clearwater/St. Petersburg/Tampa area.  Would like specific recommendations
for restaurants and food shopping in that area that are gf friendly.  We are
a family with kids (f out of five of us eat gf), and we are used to
traveling and eating out.  I got three responses to my original post, which
i include below in their entirety.  If others have suggestions, please let
me know, many thanks, Lynn

1. You'll find plenty of restaurants along Fowler Avenue (1 block north of
Busch Gardens). There are two really good Mexican restaurants along this
street if you like Mexican food. I didn't have a problem with what I
ordered. sorry I can't remember what it was (enchilada I think) or the names
(but there are really only two seen from the street).

2. My late parents lived in Clearwater, Florida and we often shopped and
sometimes lunched at a store called Nature's Food Patch, on Cleveland Blvd.

believe (check the phone book to be sure). They carry many gluten-free
products, including my favorite millet bread, which is made nearby.

3. Yes, as my parents live in the St. Pete area, I have visited the area.
There are many restraurants that have salad bars and fresh fish.

Just have to make sure its GF. I suggest contacting the Gluten Intolerance
Group Headquarters in Seattle at www.gluten.net for further info.

Hope your kids have a fun time. There is Busch Gardens in Tampa -- but
expensive and Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach beaches -- from downtown
St. Pete (just off route 75) take Central Ave. west to the Gulf -- you will
cross the Tresure Island toll bridge and a motel named Thunderbird is at the
end of the street. Make a right turn onto Gulf Blvd and about 1/2 mile on
your left is a public beach and parking lot.