From:
cheryl adler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cheryl adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 19:55:53 -0400

Over the course of my 2.5 weeks in Vegas, I found:

*The restaurant at the Paris (Mon Ami Gabi) to be incredibly understanding,
answered all my questions and said that they tag your order with a bright
yellow piece of paper with your allergies/intolerances written on it so
there are no mistakes made and the food was great.

*At Wild Bill's Buffalo Wings, the waitress showed me all the sauces that
flavor the wings so I could see which were GF (there were some definite
surprises!).

*At America in New York, NY they were clueless.
Thanks to those who wrote - I very much enjoyed my visit to In'n'Out Burger!
These are the responses I received about Celiac Friendly in Vegas:

*The chefs at the Hilton Hotel(buffet) were very familiar with gluten issues
and helpful. We had no problems while dinning.

*The Barbary coast hotel restaurant's chef was Wonderful and prepared things
from scratch. I asked for a side of veggies with my steak and he steamed
enough for the whole family!

*For fast food, your best bet is In & Out, as they have dedicated oil vats
for fries, and burgers on lettuce

For dining room style: P.F. Chang's China Bistro (inside the Alladin - The
lettuce wraps are great. So is the chinese salad and lemon chicken),
Carrabbas, Outback Steakhouse, have a gf menu. Just ask them. But you have
to be careful nonetheless and ask questions about the contamination, etc...

*My wife and I just had dinner at Rosemarie's. It was my birthday so she
called ahead of time to see if they could work with a GF menu. They were
fantastic! They are located on West Sahara, between Buffalo and Cimeron,
about a 10-15 minute drive from the Strip. Sundays the wine list is half
price. Moderatly priced (prix fix is $39.00), but very good value, very good
service, highly recommended!

*Ross says: If you're having trouble finding a gluten free restaurant, check
out www.triumphdining.com <http://www.triumphdining.com/> for some excellent
dining cards. I'm not usually a dining card fan, but these really go above
and beyond to clearly explain the important points and nuances of our diet.
The cards are available covering six global cuisines, and are customized to
cover the unique pitfalls of each cuisine. You should be able to use them to
eat almost anywhere you want, whether the restaurant is already familiar
with the gluten free diet or not.
The company hasn't officially launched yet, so the site needs a few last
minute touches (like text edits), but it is living and taking orders. P.S. I
am affiliated with the company.

*I go there 2x a year and I never have trouble eating there. I ask questions
at all the buffets and the chefs are always willing to answer. They take it
pretty seriously.
*Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com<http://www.goodhealthpublishing.com/>for
a list of 70+ national/regional restaurants and their lists of
gluten/wheat free items. There's also a gluten free dining card that can be
presented to restaurant personnel to ease the ordering process.