From:
pamella scotto <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
pamella scotto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:30:54 -0400

Dear Listmates,  Someone suggested going to the archives,they had gone thru
this with the Rebars before. They told me to look in the archives to read
the original postings. They felt it may depend on the harvesting process, if
any blade of grass had not lost it's seed case, it would contaminate the
batch.   Therefore, they felt handharvested wheat grass would be better than
mechanicaly harvested. Theyfelt  we  don't know at what point the protein
begins inside the plant or blade of grass,felt their problem was that they
had only eaten the Rebar when they were away from home for a day or 2,there
became too many variables,the home cooked meal or the steak and salad at the
restaurant or the cup of  coffee - they make their donuts using big bags of
donut mix (flour) where dust could settle and contaminate other things, or
was it the bar.

Another listmate, felt the blades of the grass really are gluten free, but
it does seem like "why bother" under the circumstances."other posts from
people with no product to sell point out that yes, wheatgrass, if
uncontaminated with any part of the grain, is gf.  Depite the hype from the
manufacturers, you can get excellent nutrition from sources that don't
require such care in cleaning. You don't need your liver detoxified, your
blood purified, or your colon cleansed.  The digestive systems of grazing
animals are optimized to eat grasses almost exclusively.  The digestive
systems of people are not.  You're better off eating a wide range of fruits
& veggies.  They will give you the same benefits, without the  possibility
of contamination."