From:
"Lisa M. Holm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 12:29:10 -0800

Well I've finally found it.  I've tested this recipe (on kids) and it's great
for sculpting and playing with, and can be eaten.  You can add food coloring
to it, but when you mix two colors, they really mix!  (One babysittee ended
up with a dark green blob, after mixing the original eight colors I had
brought over).  What's nice is even little kids can play with it and put it
in their mouths!  Just remember to use GF powdered sugar..  (no prob in U.S.)

(Oh, this was gotten from the U. of Nebraska gopher server about 3-4 years ago.)

EDIBLE PLAY DOUGH
Mix together:  (I used the Kitchen-Aid mixer)
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp GF vanilla extract (or other flavoring)
Add 1 lb of powdered sugar.  Knead it.  Divide and add food coloring.  Then
refrigerate to keep from spoiling (in a ziploc bag - this dough doesn't dry
out.)

Hours of fun!

Happy Holidays.
Lisa Holm