From:
Sara Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:29:14 -0600

I am a newly diangosed Celiac (8 months).  After removing gluten from my
diet my lactose intolerance completely went away.  However, I think that I
have developed a soy and/or annatto intolerance and I am hoping others who
may have had similiar experiences can help me figure this out.
I drank Silk SoyNog twice and each time experienced severe long-lasting gas
pains the next morning (about 14 hours later).  I assumed it was soy and
stopped eating it.  However, several weeks later I had the same reaction
when eating Amy's Rice Macaroni and Cheese.  The only ingredients that were
present in both items was annatto.  I have checked the other items that I
eat regularly and none appear to have annatto in them.  This is the only
time that I haven't felt great since removing glutens - so I'd like to get
it figured out so that I can feel in control again.
I found several discussions in the archives re: annatto and soy
intolerances, but nothing recent or descriptive of effects.  If anyone who
has knowledge or experience with this - I'd be grateful for any advice.  Are
these symptoms characteristic of an intolerance?  Is annatto always declared
on ingredients lists etc...
Many thanks,
Sara in Kansas

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!