Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:16:02 EDT

  I need to provide a little background for my problem.

I am 67 year old man who has been diagnosed for eight years. I had DH
symptoms for many years before diagnosis. Since then I have gone through several
bouts when the DH acted up, but I was always able to figure out the source and
eliminate the offending item. On two occasions it was a medication. If I ingest a
significant amount of gluten I will get digestive tract discomfort, but my
real marker for small amounts of gluten ingestion is the DH auto immune problem.
The current DH problem has been chronic for the better part of two months.

    I have selective eliminated several things from my diet to include Millet
Bread and the bread that I have been making for myself that is mostly a rice
bread. Actually about two weeks ago my wife and went on the "South Beach Diet"
and have only been eating meat and vegetables.

    So I am thinking that my problem could once again stem from the
medications that I take.  In fact my doctor put me on a, new for me, blood pressure
medication several weeks ago. The problem is that I have looked up each of the
things that I take on various GF medication lists and have found them all to be
listed as GF on one or more lists. Here is the list of the four things that I
take one of each day.

Diovan (the new blood pressure medication)

HCTZ (diuretic that comes with the Diovan, but was formerly taken separately)

Norvasc (have taken it for several years without a problem)

Multiple Vitamin (One a Day product for Men)

83 Mg Aspirin - Bayer esoteric coated

    Would appreciate any insight that you all could give me on what I am
doing wrong and/or what I might do to get myself out of this DH eruption.

    The Diovan has really had the proper effect on my blood pressure as it is
now in the 110/120 over 70 range.

Thanks John