From:
The Mitchell Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 21:48:58 -0400

Great news--there IS gluten free cheese available. I called the CABOT
cheese company (1-88-TRY-CABOT) and a very nice gentleman told me that
he could absolutely 100% assure me that ANYTHING with the name CABOT is
completely gluten free. They have cheese-regular as well as grated-,
butter, sour cream and cottage cheese, altho all their products are not
widely available. I found their brick cheese in my local Grand Union
store. He stated that Cabot is very informed about celiac disease and
work closely with the Celiac Association.He was by the pleasantest
company representative that I have spoken to so far. If you can't find
Cabot cheese in your local supermarket, call them and they will send you
a catalog.
        Way to go Cabot!!!
        Lois Mitchell

        PS I have no financial interest in this company-- just appreciate their
efforts.