Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:46:02 -0400

bs"d

Apparently my motivations for sending a message regarding a possible
connection to some birth defects, such as cleft lip, cleft palate and
clubbed foot has been misunderstood, and I take the full blame. I meant my
email to be a reply message to another email, or actually a series of them,
that I discovered when I searched the archives under cleft palate. They had
to do with celiac induced folic deficiencies and the possible connections to
some birth defects. I'm not dogmatic about this, but without the references
to the emails I read, my email certainly comes off that way.

I found the member's ideas intriguing, as our whole family, including the
now very gifted and delightful adult who suffered with the described birth
defects, has been toying with various theories on the cause for decades now.
We are not touchy about what happened, but are very open. Decades later,
after this baby grew up, my aunt discovered that her terrible health
problems were due to a serious case of CD, which as I said, nearly killed
her by the time she was able to ascertain what the problem was...that was
about 10 years ago.

I was just tossing around ideas...but I seem to have touched a nerve with
some people...not sure why. Have I broken some rules? I did read them, but
my memory is poor. If I have, feel free to enlighten me. I'll look them over
again.

Be well all,

Debora