From:
Shailavi Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shailavi Jain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:03:49 -0700

Thanks for all the responses!

Wagamama's is a sit down restaurant w/ a gluten free menu & stuff for
kids.  It's very reasonably priced with an Asian-fusion focus.
Bertucci's has gluten free pasta, but needs a bit of reminding about
best practices.  I've had success eating at both!

Hi there - McCormick and Schmick's in that area is "gluten aware" - it’s a
sit-down kind of place, but they do understand how to prepare gluten-free
food.

I know that Legal Seafood and Uno Chicago Grill has GF menus... I think they are close to Faneuil Hall. Also, there is a Fantastic restaurant, that I am dying to try, that is in the North End of Boston called Nebo (http://neborestaurant.com) They have GF pasta and tons of GF options - Just an idea too!

This may help too: http://www.bidmc.org/CentersandDepartments/Departments/DigestiveDiseaseCenter/CeliacDiseaseCenter/Resources/RestaurantsCeliacFriendly.aspx

The north end is about a 5 minute walk from Faneuil Hall. Union Oyster House is also about a 5 minute walk.

Wagamama has gluten free options, including rice.  You can check the menu on line, I'm not sure how it would go over with a 7 year old.  I think there is a MacDonalds there as well, he could at least get a soft serve ice cream there.  There are a couple of restaurants in the North End nearby which have gluten free options, if you are interested in eating away from Fanueil Hall itself, including Nebo, http://neborestaurant.com/, which I have heard has a good gluten free menu, but I haven't been there yet.