Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 13:32:26 -0500

I have a problem, I'm a hairstylist, and have worried about my D.H. being
contagious for the past 12 years. I just found out it was D.H. a few weeks
ago.  I am single, so I thought I was contagious if I decided to be
involved enough to have sex.  It was most embarrasing when it came to that
moment of truth. My doctor said that I was not contagious for the most
part, but to keep the area clean and not to get it into my eyes???? I don't
think I'll be looking THAT close. My M.D. is a little behind the times but
I like him because I can diagnose myself and he will listen,and take a test
and 9 out of 10 times I will be right. Most Doctors, well you know most
doctors.
But the thing that bothers me is, am I really safe? I feel like I have
AIDS, and I can't tell any one.  I remember when I first
got it, I thought
it was a spider bite on my hinny. I woke up in the night, it felt like
something crawling on me so I squeezed it, I really thought I had a spider
inbetween those two fingers that were squeezing, I squeezed really hard to
make sure it was dead. I searched those pajamas and sheets forever trying
to find that spider. The other day I told a client that I had it, (a
doctors wife) I thought I was safe in telling her but, I saw fear in her
eyes as she asked if I were contagious.  Why then am I still embarrased if
I'm not contagious?  Why do I keep hiding this information from everyone?
Can some one help me?  Thanks for all your help.  Diana