From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 1996 14:25:30 GMT

The Listowners need to make an important announcement to everyone.

St Johns our host has scheduled an outage for Friday Dec 27, 1996.  For
all pratical purposes it is effective with this message.

An outage means that the computer resources of this List are not
available for messages, digest, E-Digest, subscription changes, file
requests, etc.

The information in all of our reference files is available at our
archive site: http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/thodge/archive.htm

When service is restored, I will send a message that limited posts can
resume.  Hopefully, it will not be as long as the last outage.

If required, I will send a status update directly to all IDs.  I will
try to send this update in about 36 hours.

The HARD FACTS:

1.  Between this and the second message from me on this subject, DO NOT
submit any requests to St Johns.

2. Any messages submitted during this time period will be thrown in the
trash can.

3. When service resumes, it may be slow for days.  Please use good
judgement in selecting posts.

4. Please select a destination for all replies.  The person or the
List, not both.  When you reply to both, the second copy often becomes
an error that I have to resolve and has an adverse impact upon system
performance.

5.  Please check with your local providor about about available message
storage on your assigned ID.  Bounced messages as a result of local full
disks increases the workload and slows system responses.

----
Michael Jones ([log in to unmask]) Orlando, FL USA
One of the Celiac & Cel-Kids Listowners