From:
Richard Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:17:08 -0500

I ended up buying the non-generic.  FYI.  Here are the most helpful
----------------------------------
Two companies, Major and Wockhart, use only potato starch while the
companies Torrent and Aurobindo use no starch in their products
-----------------------------
Be concerned about the possible longterm and permanent side effects of
fluoroquinolones in general, including Levofloxacin.  The increased
intestinal permeability caused by celiac disease leaves one very susceptible
to serious debilitating effects not just from fluoroquinolones
----------------------------------
Find a pharmacist who will give you the pure, true, American-manufactured,
NON-generic "Levaquin".  Even if it hits you in the wallet as one of the
more expensive antibiotics.  The consequences of generics are WORSE.
Try to look on the TEVA  Pharmaceuticals  website.  Almost ALL the drugs
they make are gluten free.  I take generics from Teva when available. Here
is a web site that lists the ingredients in Teva Levofloxacin.
http://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_details.asp?brand_name_id=5200
<http://chealth.canoe.ca/drug_info_details.asp?brand_name_id=5200&rot=4>
&rot=4