From:
Jeanne Orzechowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:53:11 EDT

For anyone traveling to (or living near) Buffalo/Niagara Falls area, I have a
wonderful restaurant to recommend.  It is called Curly's, on Ridge Road in
Lackawanna, NY ( a small city adjoining Buffalo's south side).

 I first heard about it on this Listserv from the sister of the owner.  The
owner is a gourmet chef and once her sister was diagnosed as celiac, she
began to add gluten-free entrees and speciality gf pizzas to the menu.  Her
entire wait staff is knowledgeable about CD, and the food is sensational for
anyone, celiac or not!!!

I had the most wonderful shrimp scampi the first time we went, and all
the others in our party of 8 loved their food and its presentation, even
though they did not require the gf entrees.  Since I couldn't have any
of the delicious looking breads and rolls, they brought me out their
special little gf corn muffins, which were wonderful.  We went back
again a few nights later for another wonderful meal.  What a treat to be
able to eat such great-tasting food and KNOW that it was safe!  Best of
all, since the restaurant is not located in a high-rent area, the prices
are very moderate for this type of food (average $15 for entree).

This restaurant is located about 1/2 mile from a world-famous basilica called
Our Lady of Victory Basilica, and if you are a lover of magnificent religious
art and architecture, you'll want to make a visit there as well.  I can't
wait to visit Buffalo again (my home town) in order to eat at Curly's again.
 (I have no connection to this restaurant except as a satisfied customer).

Jeanne