Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:01:33 -0500

>The doctors(in general) are still telling
>our society that this is RARE!!!  I agree with the person who wrote that she
>was inundating her docs with celiac literature.  Maybe we should all be
>working to educate our hometown docs.

My own gameplan  -- which I admit, I have not executed yet  -- is that
I am compiling a list of all the doctors that did NOT diagnose me ...
and plan on sending them a letter, informing them that I *finally*
found the cause of my woes. I don't want to be too in-your-face about
it all ... but at least one internist kept saying "its something rare
and I'm just not thinking of it ... call me if you ever find out ... "

The problem is, I think, that celiac awareness seems to be on the
rise  ... but if your doctor is in the 40+ age group, chances are
they were told in medical school that it is rare ... the folks that finally
did diagnose me are young pups, and I think that played a factor.

Tracey in CT          GF lodging:  http://www.1-888-inn-seek.com/GFinns.htm