Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:12:01 EST

It has been a while since I've eaten TexMex in Houston but The Cadillac Bar
was the place to go years ago.  I think you are always safe with a the beef
taco, cheese enchilada, nachos, chili con queso - stay away from the
fajitas.  It used to be a really fun place to go.
Escalante, in a freestanding building in the Meyerland Shopping area in the
southwest corner of Beechnut and the 610S intersection.  Ask for the
made-at-your-table guacamole appetizer
If there is still an On the Border - it's great!

Pappasito's on Richmond is fabulous - the margueritas are superb! I believe
they can make accommodations for corn tortillas -but the food is so great I
don't think you'll miss them.

If you like seafood, try Pappas Sea Food - and they also have a great BBQ
restaurant and 2 steak houses - you can't miss with a Pappas restaurant!
First, there is mexican food for American's and then there is true Mexican
food.  If you want Americanized Mexican (like Mama Ninfa's), I suggest
Mammacita's.  This is a part of the famous Pappas restaurants chain (Pappacita's,
Pappa's Sea Food).

If you want real Mexican food, I suggest trying a Taqueria, my favorite in
Houston is the Taqueria del Sol, near the intersection of I-45 and the 610 loop.
 It is the first exit south of 610 on I-45 going towards Galveston.

If you haven't come here yet I suggest cafe Adobe on Westheimer and
Shepherd.